April 27, 2023
What is a parquet block bamboo floor?Parquet block bamboo is smaller blocks of bamboo flooring that can be made into geometric patterns to create a stunning and chic floor. The blocks of flooring are made out of strand woven bamboo, which is a very hard and durable while being eco-friendly. Furthermore, you have the choice of installing parquet block bamboo in a number of different patterns. The most popular are: Herringbone, Brickbond and Basket Weave. To find out more about parquet block, have a read through the following: What is Parquet Block Bamboo Flooring? [caption id="attachment_1584" align="alignnone" width="450"] Grey Parquet Block bamboo flooring[/caption]
Bamboo parquet block cleaning tipsAs already mentioned, parquet block bamboo should be treated in the same way as regular bamboo flooring. It can be easy to clean and look after if a simple routine and the correct products are used. You might find the following bamboo parquet block cleaning tips especially relevant:
- Sweep your floor with a soft brush to remove any dust or dirt. We would recommend doing this on a daily basis.
- Only use a vacuum cleaner if you have a wooden floor attachment. Otherwise your bamboo may become damaged.
- Clean your floor on a weekly basis (or when needed). This will help to remove stubborn stains and keep your floor looking fresh and new.
- Only use cleaning products that are suitable for use on bamboo or wooden floors.
- We would recommend using a Bona Spray Mop as it has a delicate removable microfibre cleaning pad, an ergonomic handle and a pH neutral cleaning spray built into the handle.
- Never use any acidic or abrasive products to clean your floor. Also avoid furniture polish because this can leave a slippery residue behind.
- A steam mop should never be used on a bamboo floor because the steam can penetrate into the floor. Over time his will cause irreparable damage.
- If you choose to use a regular mop, it must be fully wrung out. Do not allow excess water to sit on top of your bamboo as it can soak in and cause discoloration and warping.
- If, after time, your bamboo floor is looking dull you can use Bona Wood Floor Refresher to revive and restore the natural beauty.