The best way to look after your new bamboo floor is to keep it clean and protect it from damage. These two things are essential to keeping your bamboo floor looking fresh and new for years to come. Looking after your bamboo floor can be easy and straight forward. We would recommend adopting a regular cleaning routine and being mindful about protecting the floor from unwanted damage.
What should be my cleaning routine?
A simple cleaning routine can really help to look after your bamboo. This could consist of the following:
• Aim to sweep your floor every day. This will remove any dust, dirt, grit and pet hair from the surface and will keep it looking great.
• Always use a soft broom or brush. Something that will be gentle but effective. You can use a vacuum cleaner but make sure it has the correct attachment for wooden floors.
• Clean your bamboo floor on a weekly basis, or more if needed. We would recommend using Bona Wood Flooring Spray Mop. It is an all-in-one cleaner, with a refillable solution bottle on the spray handle, removable machine washable cleaning pad and ergonomically designed to reach into difficult areas.
• Only use products that are designed for wooden or bamboo floors. Never use a steam mop, or any products that could damage your floor.
How can I protect my new bamboo floor from damage?
Here are a few tips on how to protect your floor from damage:
• Always remove your footwear before walking on your new bamboo floor.
• Possibly have a doormat at entrance doors, to catch any excess dirt or water.
• Use felt protector pads on the bottom of furniture.
• Wipe away any spills or dirt as soon as you notice it.
• Don’t drag heavy or sharp objects across your floor – always lift and place down carefully.
• Avoid using chemicals or abrasive products on your floor.
For further advice on cleaning and protecting your floor have a look at some of these:
Bamboo Flooring Care and Maintenance Guide