How to look after bamboo flooring can be quick and easy. Firstly, you will want to protect your bamboo flooring from unwanted and unnecessary damage. Secondly you will want to know how to keep your bamboo floor clean and fresh.
How do I protect bamboo flooring?
Protecting your bamboo floor is really important if you want to keep it scratch free. Small dents and marks are inevitable with a natural flooring product, and they can often add character and charm. However, there are a number of things that you can do to protect your bamboo floor from daily wear and tear. Firstly, we suggest removing all outdoor footwear before walking on your bamboo. This will help to reduce the amount of stones, grit and dirt that may be present on the bottom of your shoe. Having a door mat at all entrance doors is also a good idea. This will help catch any water or dirt. Secondly, if you are moving heavy furniture or toys, remember to lift the items. If you drag anything across the floor there is a risk of it marking or scratching the surface of the bamboo. Felt protector pads are perfect for using on the bottom of chairs, furniture and toys. They will provide a soft cushion between your bamboo and any furniture.
How do I clean bamboo flooring?
Bamboo flooring is really easy to clean. All you need to do is adopt a regular cleaning routine. How often you clean will, of course, depend upon how busy the area is. We would recommend sweeping your bamboo floor everyday to remove any dust or dirt. If dirt is left on the surface of your floor, and then walked upon, it can dent the floor. Sweep your floor with a soft bristle brush. Then, clean your floor weekly (or more if needed) with a PH neutral wooden flooring spray and microfibre mop. The Bona Wood Floor Spray Mop is ideal. It has a gentle cleaning solution that can still remove stubborn stains. The mop is ergonomically designed to reach into corners. Finally, the microfibre cleaning pad is removable and machine washable. Although bamboo flooring is hardwearing and resilient, there are some things that you should avoid when cleaning:
• Never use a steam mop. It can warp and distort the bamboo.
• Do not use acidic or abrasive products.
• Avoid using a wet mop. If you do want to use a mop, ensure it is fully wrung out.
Tips to look after bamboo flooring?
Here are some top tips to look after bamboo flooring:
• Sweep your bamboo floor every day.
• Clean your bamboo floor every week.
• Use a gentle cleaning solution on your floor.
• Remove outdoor footwear before walking in your bamboo.
• Apply felt protector pads to the bottom of furniture.
• Do not drag heavy or sharp object across your floor.
• Avoid using chemicals or acidic products on your bamboo floor.
• Do not use a steam mop or wet mop.