Is Bamboo Flooring Water Resistant?
This entry was posted on June 19, 2014 by chris elliott
Bamboo is a grass, therefore more water resistant and resilient than hardwood, but it is not immune to water damage. If spillages are wiped up straight away then there should be no damage to your bamboo floor, however, if large amounts of water (or any liquids) are left to soak into your floor for a period of time then water damage can occur. Water damage may cause your bamboo floor to swell, warp, distort and can cause some discolouration.
Although bamboo floors can be installed in areas where humidity and temperature fluctuate, it is not advised that they are installed in bathrooms or areas with excessive moisture and water.
To prevent water damage to your bamboo floor it is advisable to follow these simple steps:
- Avoid spilling water or liquids on your bamboo floor
- Act quickly and clean away any spills immediately using an absorbent soft cloth
- Place door mats at entrance doors to collect any water from outside
- Do not walk on your bamboo floor with outdoor footwear
- Do not install bamboo flooring in a bathroom
Although Bamboo flooring is more moisture and water resistant than hardwood flooring it must not be mistaken for being waterproof.
For questions relating to any of The Bamboo Flooring
products, telephone 0116 2741050 or email email@example.com. Thanks for reading.