April 27, 2023
Taking preventative steps for your bamboo floorThe best way to ensure that the beauty of your bamboo floor is not compromised is by taking preventative steps.
- Position doormats on the inside and outside of all exterior doors to catch any water, dirt or debris.
- Remove outdoor footwear before walking on your bamboo floor.
- Lift furniture or heavy objects rather than dragging them across your bamboo floor.
- Attach felt furniture protector pads to the bottom of all furniture.
- Wipe away any water or spills immediately using an absorbent cloth.
- Clean away any obvious dirt, grit or gravel immediately.
Retaining the beauty and shine of your bamboo floorThe beauty and shine of your bamboo floor can be upheld by following a simple cleaning routine.
- Sweep your bamboo floor on a daily basis to remove dirt and dust.
- Clean your bamboo floor on a regular basis with a wood floor spray mop.
- Do not use a steam mop or excessive water to clean your bamboo floor.
- Only use cleaning products recommended for bamboo or hardwood floors and avoid any products that are abrasive, acidic or contain ammonia.
- Avoid furniture polish and waxes as they can leave a greasy residue.