Bamboo flooring is very easy to maintain and you will want to try and preserve the beauty and shine that comes with a newly installed floor. Daily wear and tear, in the form of small scratches and dents, is inevitable but there are ways to protect your bamboo floor from more obvious and significant damage. Follow the advice below to ensure that your bamboo floor retains its lustre and appeal for many years to come.
Taking preventative steps for your bamboo floor
The best way to ensure that the beauty of your bamboo floor is not compromised is by taking preventative steps.
• Position doormats on the inside and outside of all exterior doors to catch any water, dirt or debris.
• Remove outdoor footwear before walking on your bamboo floor.
• Lift furniture or heavy objects rather than dragging them across your bamboo floor.
• Attach felt furniture protector pads to the bottom of all furniture.
• Wipe away any water or spills immediately using an absorbent cloth.
• Clean away any obvious dirt, grit or gravel immediately.
Retaining the beauty and shine of your bamboo floor
The beauty and shine of your bamboo floor can be upheld by following a simple cleaning routine.
• Sweep your bamboo floor on a daily basis to remove dirt and dust.
• Clean your bamboo floor on a regular basis with a wood floor spray mop.
• Do not use a steam mop or excessive water to clean your bamboo floor.
• Only use cleaning products recommended for bamboo or hardwood floors and avoid any products that are abrasive, acidic or contain ammonia.
• Avoid furniture polish and waxes as they can leave a greasy residue.