If you decide to float your bamboo flooring over an underlay then you will need to think about which particular underlay will suit your needs. The three main types of underlay are: sound reducing underlay, thermal barrier underlay and underlay for underfloor heating.
Which type of underlay is best for me?
When choosing an underlay, it is important to remember that the colour and thickness of the underlay does not make any difference to thermal protection or sound proofing. If you require sound proofing, you should look at the decibel rating, and if you require thermal insulation you should look at the Tog rating.
For more detailed information about underlays, see What underlay should I use with my bamboo floor?
If you would like more information about how to float or loose lay your bamboo floor over an underlay you might find the following information useful: How to Install Bamboo Flooring.
Further Help and Advice
For further help and guidance on any of our floors, underlays or advice on installation, please contact our sales office or come and visit our showroom.
- Silver Bam Underlay (Sold per m²)£3.99 £3.32Inc. VAT
- Cush N Wood Underlay (Sold per m2)£4.98 £4.15Inc. VAT
- Joining Vapour Tape For Silver Bam Underlay£4.99 £4.16Inc. VAT
- Sika 52 Wood Floor Glue / Adhesive Sausage 600cc£8.29 £6.91Inc. VAT
- Sika Everbuild Foil Pack Applicator Barrel Gun£32.99 £27.49Inc. VAT
- Classic Underlay (Sold per 15m roll)£34.99 £29.16Inc. VAT
- Fibreboard 10.03m2 per pack£39.99 £33.32Inc. VAT
- Classic Under floor Heating Underlay (Sold per 10m2 roll)£40.99 £34.16Inc. VAT
- Self Adhesive Sticky Back Underlay 10m£49.32 £41.10Inc. VAT
- Sika Layer Mat - 3mm 12.5m2 Roll£81.59 £67.99Inc. VAT
- Heatflow Wood & Laminate Underlay (Sold per 15m²)£111.99 £93.32Inc. VAT
- Sika Layer Mat -5mm 20m2 Roll£131.99 £109.99Inc. VAT
- Sika 52 Wood Floor Glue / Adhesive Sausage 600cc - Box of 20£165.84 £138.20Inc. VAT