April 27, 2023
What is uniclic bamboo flooring?A click fitting bamboo floor is as it suggests, a bamboo floor with a click installation system. The plank of flooring has been designed and developed to have an easy to use click and lock fitting system. This eliminates the use of glue or nails and gives a seamless and tight fit. Uniclic bamboo has become more and more popular with homeowners and DIY enthusiasts because of the ease of installation. Although click bamboo flooring is a great choice, it can only be fitted over a solid subfloor and not joists. [caption id="attachment_1412" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Solid Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring clicking together[/caption]
Advantages of click fitting bamboo flooringThe advantages of using this type of flooring are endless. Here are some of the reason why we think it is a great choice:
- All of our bamboo with a click fitting system are made from strand woven bamboo. This means that the flooring is extremely durable and hard wearing. It is actually over twice as hard as Oak flooring.
- You can choose to either loose lay (float) it over an underlay or fix it into position using glue, depending upon your requirements. By choosing to loose lay the floor you eliminate the need for glue and nails and hence make the installation process more straightforward.
- If you have an underfloor heating system, then you can use any of our uniclic bamboo floors over the top.
- Bamboo flooring is a sustainable product, giving you an eco-friendly alternative to hardwood flooring.
- You will have a wide range of colours and styles of bamboo flooring to choose from in our uniclic range.
- Once you have installed your bamboo it is really easy to look after and keep clean. Have a look at our Bamboo Flooring Care Guide for more information.