There are many benefits of choosing bamboo flooring for your home. It is a natural and sustainable flooring option, giving you strength and versatility. Here are the top five benefits of having bamboo in your home:
1. An eco-friendly and sustainable choice
Bamboo is a renewable grass that grows extremely quickly. The plant can reach maturity within five years, which makes it an eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to hardwood. It also has a self re-generating root meaning that the bamboo plant continues to grow after it has been harvested so there is no need for replanting.
2. Strength and durability
If you choose strand woven bamboo flooring you are getting an extremely strong, natural flooring material. It is over twice as hard as Oak flooring, making it a great choice for both domestic and commercial properties.
3. Dimensionally stable
Bamboo flooring is dimensionally stable. This means that the flooring planks can cope with changes to temperature and humidity, so can therefore be installed in a number of different ways. You can do the following:
• Install bamboo in areas with large amounts of glazing, like conservatories
• Use it with underfloor heating systems
• Install the flooring over any subfloor that has been prepared properly
• Either loose laid it over an underlay or fix it into position
4. A wide choice of colours and styles
With bamboo flooring you have the choice of various colours, styles, plank sizes and surface finishes. From natural bamboo to different shades of greys and browns we have colours to suit any décor. You also have the choice of either plank style flooring or parquet block. Make sure you order some free samples if you are finding it difficult to choose.
5. Really easy to look after
Having a bamboo floor and keeping it fresh and clean is really easy. All that you need to do is sweep on a daily basis with a soft bristle brush and then give it a weekly clean with a PH neutral wood floor cleaning spray. Scratches, dents and light damage to the surface of the flooring can easily be prevented by doing the following:
• removing outdoor footwear
• using felt protector pads on the bottom of furniture
• wiping away water spills and accidents immediately
• using doormats
• avoiding harsh cleaning chemicals and steam mops