Distressed bamboo flooring means that the surface of the planks of bamboo have a distressed or textured feel. It adds character to the bamboo flooring and is great if you are looking for something to look slightly different to regular bamboo flooring.
How is bamboo flooring distressed?
The distressing is done during the production of bamboo flooring. The planks of bamboo flooring are made in the usual way. Then before the layers of protective lacquer are added, the surface of the bamboo is intentionally brushed by hand, using a wire brush. This creates the textured feel by adding imperfections to the bamboo. The planks of flooring are then coated with multiple layers of a matt lacquer, to add protection to the surface of the bamboo.
Why should I choose distressed bamboo flooring?
Distressed bamboo flooring is a great choice. Here are some reasons why:
• Firstly, it will instantly add character and charm to any style of property.
• In addition, the distress marks complement the natural beauty of the bamboo.
• Looks fantastic in more traditional homes or rustic cottages.
• It can add depth to a more modern or minimalist home.
• Furthermore, you are still getting a beautiful natural floor covering, just with a textured surface.
• Our distressed floors are all made from strand woven bamboo – meaning that it is extremely durable and hard wearing.
• Distressed bamboo has a uniclic fitting system, making the installation process easy.
• You can fit distressed bamboo flooring into almost any room in your home.
• It is compatible with underfloor heating and can be used in conservatories or other rooms where temperature and humidity changes regularly.
• All of our bamboo floors can last a lifetime if you look after them properly.
• Distressed bamboo flooring is easy to clean and take care of.
• Finally, you can get matching bamboo flooring accessories to add the finishing touches to any room.