April 27, 2023
Which type of bamboo flooring is best for my hallway?You can use any type of bamboo flooring in your hallway, but certain types are stronger than others. We would recommend using Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring in your hallway. It is extremely durable and hardwearing (over twice as hard as Oak flooring) so able to cope with the large amounts of footfall in a busy hallway. Most types of strand woven bamboo are also compatible with underfloor heating, and some even have an anti-slip lacquer which is always useful in a busy area. With strand woven bamboo you have the choice of plank flooring or parquet block. There are a range of different sizes, colours and surface finishes. Here are some of our most popular:
- Distressed Bamboo Flooring
- Wide Planks of Bamboo Flooring
- Stone Grey Bamboo Flooring
- Chestnut Brown Bamboo Flooring
- Parquet Block Bamboo Flooring
How do I look after bamboo flooring in my hallway?If you have bamboo flooring in your hallway then you will want to keep it looking fresh and clean, as it is the first thing you see after walking through your front door. Looking after your bamboo flooring properly is essential. It will help to prevent dirt building up, which can cause damage if ignored. In a hallway you should think about the following:
- Sweep everyday to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean on a regular basis to remove stains and scuff marks.
- Have a doormat at your entrance door. This will help to catch water, grit and dirt from your shoes.
- Ask people to remove outdoor shoes before walking on your bamboo floor.
- If you do notice mud, water or stones on your hallway floor, remove them immediately.