April 27, 2023
Which type of bamboo flooring is best for underfloor heating?All of our click fitting, strand woven bamboo floors are compatible with underfloor heating. They have been tested to ensure that they can cope with the continual fluctuations in temperature from underneath. Within our range of bamboo flooring for underfloor heating you will find a choice of different colours, styles and sizes. Including:
- Rustic Carbonised Bamboo
- Stone Grey Bamboo
- Parquet Block Bamboo
- Natural Bamboo
- Carbonised Bamboo
- Pebble Grey Bamboo
- Chestnut Brown Bamboo
Tips for using bamboo flooring with underfloor heatingAlthough bamboo is a great companion to underfloor heating systems, there are some things to be mindful of:
- Your existing subfloor needs to be flat, level and dry before any installation of the flooring begins.
- If you have underfloor heating in a screed, you need to make sure that it is installed and running for a least a week before your concrete subfloor is moisture tested.
- Remember to turn off your underfloor heating system before you install your bamboo flooring.
- Bamboo flooring needs to be heated evenly, so the whole room will need to have underfloor heating.
- Once your bamboo flooring has been installed, do not let the surface temperature of the floor to exceed 26ºC.