There are many reasons why you should choose bamboo flooring for your home. It is a stylish and sustainable floor covering that is hard wearing, easy to look after and extremely versatile. If you want to find out more, keep reading!
Bamboo is a sustainable material
If you are looking for a natural floor covering that offers elegance, style and is also sustainable, then bamboo is an excellent choice. Bamboo is a fast-growing grass, which self-regenerates. This means that the bamboo is ready to harvest in around 5 years (compared to decades for an Oak tree), and it continues to grow again and again without any deforestation or re-planting. It also grows independently, without the need for any chemicals or pesticides. It really is an eco-friendly and sustainable natural flooring product.
Are you looking for a strong and durable floor?
Our strand woven bamboo flooring is over twice as hard as Oak. This makes it perfect if you are looking for a floor for a busy area like a hallway, living space or kitchen. You can even use it in commercial properties as it can withstand heavy footfall.
Bamboo flooring is versatile in your home
You can use bamboo flooring in almost any room in your home. The only exceptions are wet areas, like utility rooms and bathrooms. Most types of bamboo can be used with underfloor heating, in conservatories and even on your staircase! You also have the option of either gluing your bamboo flooring down or floating it over an underlay.
So much choice of bamboo for your home
When deciding on which bamboo flooring to choose, there are so many options. Here are a few tips:
- If you want a hard-wearing floor, choose strand woven bamboo.
- Decide if you prefer plank style flooring or parquet block. Both look amazing but offer very different finished looks.
- Choose your colour wisely. You can order free samples of all of our floors so that you can look at them in the comfort of your home.
- Don’t forget the matching bamboo flooring accessories, which will help to finish your room. We have a wide range of skirting, beading, door bars and stair nosing.
- Speak to our team of technical advisors if you want any advice or help with choosing your floor.