April 27, 2023
What is a loose laid bamboo floor?A loose laid bamboo floor is a floor that has not been fixed into position. The floor would be laid over the top of an underlay, which gives it the freedom to move naturally. Your floor would still be secure, as the planks are either clicked together or glued together (if you have tongue and groove flooring). Floating a bamboo floor is the easiest method of installation as it requires very little equipment of professional expertise.
What are the benefits of a loose laid floor?Loose laying your bamboo floor has many benefits. Here are just a few:
- It is the easiest way of installing a bamboo floor
- You can loose lay both solid or engineered bamboo flooring
- If you are a keen DIYer, you could loose lay the floor yourself
- There is no need for additional equipment like nails or glue
- You can choose an underlay appropriate for your need (e.g. thermal barrier or sound insulation)
- If you have an underfloor heating system, you can loose lay bamboo flooring over the top. Make sure you choose the correct type of floor and the correct underlay, which are compatible with underfloor heating.