Over recent years bamboo flooring has become increasingly popular. The range of styles, types and colours of bamboo flooring has greatly improved so that you now have a more varied choice. Over a decade ago when we first started selling bamboo flooring, there was only a choice of two different bamboo floors in two colours.
Now there is a range of over twenty different styles and colours to choose from, all with matching bamboo flooring accessories. [caption id="attachment_2110" align="aligncenter" width="450"] Carbonised Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring[/caption]
So, what is the most popular type of bamboo flooring?
Usually trends come and go and the most popular product soon gets replaced with something else. Bamboo flooring has remained popular due to its eco-friendly properties, and there is one particular type of bamboo flooring that is always asked for: Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring. Strand woven bamboo flooring refers to the way in which the planks have been produced. The strands of bamboo have been ‘woven’ together. This makes the flooring very durable and over twice as hard as Oak flooring. There is no wonder why it is the most popular type of bamboo flooring. Within the strand woven bamboo flooring range, there are a variety of styles and colours to choose from. Firstly, you have the choice of either plank style flooring or parquet block. Both are currently very popular and the choice really depends on the style of room and home that you have. Your next choice is the colour. We have the following options:
- Natural (golden tones)
- Carbonised (coffee brown coloured)
- Stone Grey
- Chestnut Brown (dark and rich brown tones)
- Pebble (pale grey)
- Rustic Carbonised (carbonised with black streaks)
The most popular colours at the moment are natural and stone grey. If you are unsure about which colour to choose, why not order some free samples? For more detailed information about strand woven bamboo, have a look at: Guide to Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring.
Why is strand woven bamboo so popular:
Here are some of the main reasons why strand woven bamboo has remained popular over the years.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Durable and dimensionally stable
- Over twice as hard as Oak flooring
- Versatile – compatible with underfloor heating
- Can be floated or glued down
- Different styles and colours to choose from
- matching bamboo flooring accessories are available
- Choice of either plank style or parquet block
- Easy to look after and clean
- Suitable for homes and commercial settings
- Great alternative to hardwood flooring