Bamboo flooring can look amazing on a staircase. All you need is the right type of bamboo flooring and the correct stair nosing profile. Bamboo flooring is a great, eco-friendly and sustainable choice, which is hard wearing and durable. This makes it the perfect choice for busy areas like your hallway and stairs.
We have matching stair nosing profiles for all of our bamboo floors. So, whatever colour and style you choose, we have a profile to match. Alternatively, you could choose a contrasting colour of stair nosing, which will help to highlight the edge of the step – perfect for anyone who is visually impaired.
If you would like any advice about our different types of stair nosing profiles, please contact us or pop into our Leicester showroom.
How do I install bamboo flooring on my staircase?
We would recommend using a professional and experienced wooden floor fitter to do the job. Here are some quick tips to explain how it can be done:
• Make sure that each step on your staircase is at a 90 degree angle
• Use a flexible flooring adhesive to ensure that the bamboo flooring and stair nosing does not become loose or unstable with general wear and tear
• Carefully measure and cut the bamboo stair nosing and bamboo flooring planks to the correct size
• Apply the flexible flooring adhesive with a notched trowel to the raise and tread of the stairs
• Now you can begin to clad your staircase
Examples of what it might look like:
Here are some examples of our customers who have use bamboo flooring on their staircase. This beautiful home in Dorset used engineered natural strand woven bamboo throughout their ground floor and on this amazing spiral staircase.
Here, our customer used carbonised strand woven bamboo in their hallway and staircase, which really creates a stunning flow throughout their home.