Solid Bamboo Flooring Profiles
This entry was posted on December 30, 2019 by chris elliott
We have a range of solid bamboo flooring profiles which match the styles and colours of our bamboo floors. You can find the profiles in strand woven, horizontal and vertical bamboo, and in the full range of colours that we offer.
[caption id="attachment_2064" align="alignnone" width="789"]
Bamboo flooring profiles[/caption]
Why would I need a bamboo flooring profile?
You will need a flooring profile when you come to cover up your expansion gaps
. These gaps are an inevitable part of the fitting process. You will need to choose the right bamboo flooring profile for gap. Here is a quick guide to the different options:
- Skirting Board – covers the gap between the floor and the wall.
- Beading – covers the gap between the floor and any existing skirting.
- Stair Nosing – can be used to clad a staircase.
- T-Moulding – conceals gaps between doorways where the floors are the same height.
- Threshold – covers the gap between bamboo flooring and a carpet.
- R Profile – reduces the bamboo floor down to a lower level, e.g.tiles.
- Flush Reducer – reduces the bamboo floor down to a much lower level.
You can either choose to match the colour of your bamboo floor, or use a contrasting colour. The choice is yours. We have solid bamboo profiles in the following colours:
- Natural (horizontal, vertical and strand woven)
- Carbonised (horizontal, vertical and strand woven)
- Rustic (strand woven)
- Stone Grey (strand woven)
- Pebble Grey (strand woven)
- Chestnut (strand woven)
How do I look after them?
You look after your solid bamboo flooring profiles in the same way as your bamboo floor. You would keep them dust and dirt free using a brush or cloth, then you can clean them with a wooden floor cleaner. For profiles on the floor, like thresholds or T-mouldings, just clean as usual when you clean your bamboo floor. For profiles that sit off the ground, like skirting or beading, use some of the wooden floor cleaning spray on a micro fibre cloth and gently wipe along the top. We would recommend using the Bona Wooden Floor Spray Mop
or Bona Wood Floor Cleaner
[caption id="attachment_44" align="aligncenter" width="364"]
Bona Wood Floor Spray Mop[/caption]