Yes, you can install bamboo flooring on your staircase, and it can look amazing! Bamboo is durable and hard wearing so is actually a perfect choice for busy areas like hallways and staircases.
All you will need is the right type of bamboo flooring and the correct matching stair nosing. You will find matching stair nosing profiles for all of our colours and styles of bamboo floors. On the other hand, you could choose a stair nosing of contrasting colour which helps to highlight the edge of each step. This is ideal for anyone who is visually impaired.
Tips for installing bamboo flooring on my staircase?
Installing bamboo flooring on your staircase is a tricky and complicated task. We always recommend using a professional and experienced wooden floor fitter to do carry out the installation.
Here are some tips and advice:
• Each step on your staircase must be at a 90-degree angle.
• You need to use a flexible flooring adhesive. This ensures that your bamboo flooring and stair nosing does not become loose or unstable.
• You will need to measure and cut the bamboo stair nosing and bamboo flooring planks to the correct size of each step.
• Apply flexible flooring adhesive using a notched trowel to both the raise and the tread of the stairs.
• Clad your staircase with the bamboo flooring a stair nosing.