Bamboo flooring is available in both plank or parquet block formats. The flooring is produced using the same type of bamboo and made in the same way. The difference is the size of the flooring. Bamboo planks are long and thin planks of flooring, whereas parquet blocks are smaller blocks. Both will give a completely different appearance of flooring.
What is plank style bamboo flooring?
Plank style bamboo flooring is quite simply, a single plank of flooring made from bamboo. It is the most popular style of bamboo flooring and is sometimes called 1-strip bamboo flooring. The planks can be found in solid bamboo, engineered bamboo and strand woven bamboo. Most have a click fitting system, making installation easy and straight forward.
Although the flooring is in a plank style, you can find different plank widths and lengths to suit the requirements of your room. Visually, plank style bamboo flooring is elegant and sleek. It will suit any style of property and can add a natural charm to any area of your home. Plank style bamboo flooring is extremely versatile and be fitted in almost any room in your home, even on a staircase.
What is parquet block bamboo flooring?
Parquet block bamboo flooring is a wonderful alternative to plank style bamboo. The parquet blocks are smaller, uniform sections of bamboo. They can be fitted together to create beautiful geometric patterns such as herringbone, basket weave and brick bond. The blocks have a tongue and groove fitting mechanism which allows these unique patterns to be created. Due to the intricate nature of the parquet block patterns, we would advise using a professional floor fitter to install you flooring.
All of our bamboo parquet block is made from strand woven bamboo, which is over twice as hard as Oak flooring. Visually, parquet block flooring creates a wow factor. It will suit any style of room, from a rustic cottage to a modern studio apartment. You will not be disappointed with a bamboo parquet block flooring as it provides style along with a timeless beauty.
Plank or parquet block?
• Both are easy to look after and clean
• You will find matching flooring accessories for both
• There are a wide range of colours and styles available in plank and parquet
• If you are looking for vertical or horizontal bamboo you will need to choose plank style flooring
• Choose parquet block bamboo if you want a statement floor
• Parquet block can be fitted in different geometrical designs
• Plank style bamboo can be easily be fitted on a staircase
• You cannot float parquet block flooring – it needs to be fixed into position
• Both can last a lifetime if fitted and looked after properly
• Strand woven bamboo can be used in commercial and residential properties.
Whichever style of bamboo flooring you choose, you are making a superb choice. You will have a durable, natural and elegant floor.