You should choose engineered bamboo flooring if you want a durable, stable and easy to fit floor. Planks of engineered bamboo can also offer you a wider and longer look. As the planks have a stable base layer, they can be made much bigger without compromising their stability.
What is engineered bamboo?
Engineered bamboo just means that the planks of flooring have a plywood base which runs perpendicular to the bamboo. The part of the flooring that you can see is the top layer of bamboo, so it actually looks the same as any other bamboo floor. With our engineered floors, the top layer is made from strand woven bamboo. This is a very hard material (twice as hard as regular bamboo) and has been designed so that it can withstand high traffic areas. It also has a click fitting system so is easy to install, can be fitted over an underlay and used with underfloor heating.
Where can I use it?
It is extremely versatile so can be used in almost any room in your home. The only rooms that we would not recommend using it, is in wet areas such as bathrooms and utility rooms. As already mentioned, you can use it in rooms with underfloor heating, on stair cases and conservatories, along with kitchens, hallways, bedrooms and living areas. It is even suitable for use in commercial areas, as it is so hard wearing.
Why should I choose it?
Here are some of the benefits:
• The top layer of strand woven bamboo gives it strength and durability.
• You can either float over an underlay or fix the flooring into position.
• You have a choice of 2 colours; natural or carbonised.
• The planks are wider than usual, which gives a sophisticated and modern appeal.
• It can be installed in almost any room in your home.
• It can be used in commercial properties and residential areas
• We have a range of matching bamboo flooring accessories to complement your choice of floor.
• You will find it really easy to look after and keep clean.