Engineered bamboo flooring is a great choice if you are looking for a wider or longer plank than usual. Bamboo flooring is dimensionally stable, but by adding the engineered element, it means that the planks can be much wider.
Here are some of the things you might want to know before you choose engineered bamboo flooring:
What is engineered bamboo flooring?
Engineered bamboo flooring is made with a layer of strand woven bamboo on the surface and plywood underneath. This gives it extra stability. Once installed, the final plank will look just like solid flooring, as the surface is still made from bamboo.
How is it flooring made?
The surface of the flooring is made from strand woven bamboo, which is extremely durable, and over twice as hard as Oak flooring. The base is made from plywood, which runs perpendicular to the bamboo top layer.
How can I install engineered bamboo flooring?
Engineered bamboo flooring has a click fitting system which help to make the installation process more straightforward. It can easily be installed by either fixing it into position (glue down, screw down or nail down), or by laying it loosely over an underlay. For more information on installation methods, please read How to Install Bamboo Flooring.
Where can engineered bamboo flooring be used?
Strand woven engineered bamboo flooring is versatile and durable. You can use it in either residential or commercial properties. It has been designed to withstand footfall from busy areas such hallways, living areas and dining rooms, and it can deal with changes in temperature and humidity making it perfect for conservatories and rooms with large amounts of glazing.
Can I use engineered bamboo flooring with underfloor heating?
Yes, you can use our engineered strand woven bamboo flooring with most underfloor heating systems.
Why should I choose engineered bamboo flooring for my home?
• Firstly, the flooring is durable and dimensionally stable.
• Bamboo is a sustainable flooring product.
• You can find it in two main colours: natural or carbonised.
• It is perfect if you are looking for a wider plank.
• The click fitting system makes it quick and easy to install.
• You can use it with underfloor heating systems.
• There are matching bamboo flooring accessories
• Furthermore, it can be installed in rooms where humidity and temperature fluctuate (conservatories).
• Finally, it is a beautiful floor that is easy to keep clean and maintain.