Looking after your bamboo floor is an essential part of its care and maintenance. A bamboo floor can last for decades if you look after it correctly. You will find it really simple to care for, and all you need to do is follow some simple steps.
If you want your floor to continue to look fresh and luxurious then you will need to:
• Follow a simple cleaning routine
• Protect your floor from damage
• Maintain the beauty of the bamboo
Here is how you can do all of that.
Follow a simple cleaning routine
Simply sweep your floor on a daily basis to remove visible dust and dirt from the surface. Then clean the floor using a pH neutral floor cleaner and microfibre mop. These two simple steps will keep you floor clean and fresh.
Protect your floor from damage
Protecting your bamboo floor is an essential part of looking after it. There are a few different ways you can protect your floor from damage:
• Remove footwear before walking on your floor
• Wipe away any spills straight away
• Use felt protector pads on the bottom of furniture
• Do not drag heavy or sharp items across the floor
• Never use a steam mop – the heat and moisture can damage the floor
• Avoid products with harsh chemicals in
• Don’t use furniture polish – it will make your floor very slippery
• If you have a rug, move it around slightly on a regular basis
Maintain the beauty of the bamboo
If you follow the above advice on cleaning and protecting your floor, you should easily be able to maintain the beauty of the bamboo. Bamboo flooring is relatively hard wearing and durable but after years it can start to become dull and tired looking. To revive its natural beauty, you can get a professional to sand the surface of the bamboo and re-lacquer it. This will immediately bring back its lustre and sheen.