April 27, 2023
Which bamboo floors can I use?All of our click fitting and parquet block bamboo flooring can be used with underfloor heating systems. This includes both solid and engineered types of bamboo flooring. The planks of flooring are stable enough to be able to cope with the constant changes in temperature. Have a look at our range of underfloor heating compatible bamboo floors. You will find a range of colours, styles and plank widths, including parquet blocks and colours such as grey, dark brown and golden. [caption id="attachment_1913" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Strand woven bamboo flooring compatible with underfloor heating systems[/caption]
Tips for using bamboo flooring with underfloor heating
- Always check with the retailer that the bamboo you have chosen is compatible with underfloor heating systems.
- If you are floating your floor you will need to use an underlay specifically designed to allow the heat to transfer from the heating system.
- Avoid using nails or screws during the installation of the bamboo floor in case you puncture any heating pipes.
- If you have an underfloor heating system in screed, then it should be installed and running for at least seven days before you moisture test your subfloor. You will need to ensure the subfloor is sufficiently dry before you start to install your bamboo.
- Your bamboo floor needs to be heated evenly. The whole room or area will need to have underfloor heating which allows your flooring to expand and contract at the same rate.
- The subfloor must be properly prepared. It needs to be flat, level, dry and clean before you begin the installation process.
- Remember to leave an expansion gap of at least 10mm around the edge of the entire room.
- Please remember to turn off your underfloor heating system before you start to install your bamboo floor.
- Once the bamboo flooring is fitted you should ensure that the surface temperature of the bamboo does not exceed 26ºC.
- Always fully read the instructions in the boxes of bamboo flooring.