Tongue & Groove Bamboo Flooring
Tongue and Groove (T&G) flooring is the traditional way of installing any type of bamboo or wooden floor. Each plank of bamboo flooring has one long side and one short side with a tongue (a protruding edge) and one long side and one short side with a groove (a rebated edge). The planks of bamboo have been carefully machined and sanded to ensure that they create a tight and smooth fit.
Why Tongue and Groove?
The Tongue and Groove profile of bamboo flooring offers a tight and secure fit. It is by far, the most recognised and established method of fitting wooden and bamboo floors. You will find both solid and engineered bamboo floors with tongue and groove profiles. Tongue and groove bamboo flooring is durable, stable and can be installed in a number of ways, either floated over an underlay or fixed into position, depending upon your requirements.
For further information about tongue and groove fitting bamboo flooring, have a look at the following: What is Tongue and Groove Bamboo?
Tongue and groove bamboo flooring is often recommended if you are installing bamboo flooring in a commercial property, as it creates a tight and seamless fit and can be glued directly to the subfloor.
How do I install T&G flooring?
You have the choice of either floating your tongue and groove flooring over an underlay or fixing it into position. The easiest method is to loose lay the planks of bamboo over an underlay. You will need to glue the tongue and groove joints together with WPVA glue as you are fitting the planks.
If the flooring is for a busy area or a commercial area then it is recommended to fix it into position by gluing it down to the subfloor using flexible flooring adhesive. For further information about fitting any of our bamboo floors, please read our Bamboo Installation & Fitting Guide.
How do I maintain T&G flooring?
When it comes to looking after T&G flooring, it is quick and easy as long as you follow a regular cleaning routine. Sweep your bamboo on a daily basis with a soft brush to remove any dust or dirt. Then, clean at least once a week with a PH-neutral wooden floor cleaning spray and microfibre mop to remove any stubborn stains and freshen up your floor.
Have a look at our range of cleaning products and accessories which have been designed specifically for bamboo and hardwood floors. For further tips and advice on keeping your new bamboo floor looking its best read our Bamboo Flooring Care Guide.
Are there any alternatives available?
Yes, if you are still not sure about which profile type of bamboo flooring to choose, we also have a range of Click Bamboo Flooring that you may be interested in.
Here are some links to our most popular types of bamboo flooring: Solid Bamboo Flooring | Engineered Bamboo Flooring | Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring | Parquet Block Bamboo Flooring | Distressed Bamboo Flooring | Bamboo Flooring for Underfloor Heating | Bamboo Flooring for Commercial Use
Further help and advice
- Solid Carbonised Horizontal 96mm Bamboo Flooring 2.21m£32.99m² £27.49Inc. VAT960 mm96 mm15 mm2.21 ㎡
- Solid Carbonised Vertical 96mm Bamboo Flooring 2.21m£32.99m² £27.49Inc. VAT960 mm96 mm15 mm2.21 ㎡
- Solid Natural Horizontal 96mm Bamboo Flooring 2.21m£32.99m² £27.49Inc. VAT960 mm96 mm15 mm2.21 ㎡
- Solid Natural Strand Woven 142mm Bamboo Flooring 1.58m£36.99m² £30.82Inc. VAT1850 mm142 mm14 mm1.58 ㎡
- Solid Carbonised Strand Woven 142mm Bamboo Flooring 1.58m£36.99m² £30.82Inc. VAT1850 mm142 mm14 mm1.58 ㎡
- Solid Natural Strand Woven 90mm Parquet Block BONA Coated Bamboo Flooring 1.134m£37.99m² £31.66Inc. VAT450 mm90 mm12 mm1.13 ㎡
- Solid Carbonised Strand Woven 90mm Parquet Block BONA Coated Bamboo Flooring 1.134m£37.99m² £31.66Inc. VAT450 mm90 mm12 mm1.13 ㎡
- Solid Chestnut Strand Woven 90mm Parquet Block BONA Coated Bamboo Flooring 1.134m£39.99m² £33.32Inc. VAT450 mm90 mm12 mm1.13 ㎡
- Solid Stone Grey Strand Woven 90mm Parquet Block BONA Coated Bamboo Flooring 1.134m£39.99m² £33.32Inc. VAT450 mm90 mm12 mm1.13 ㎡